Thursday, July 15, 2010

Invocation and Introductions to the Audience

I am scheduled for gastric bypass surgery on August 2, 2010. This decision was a long time in the making. I don't like doctors, I don't like getting cut open, and I like being big. That's right, being big is not what makes me miserable, unlike so many people who have weight loss surgery. Given a choice, I would stay this size, be healthy, happy and unlimited in my activities. Unfortunately, the human body often doesn't work that way, so this is my choice.

When I started this journey in February, I had hoped it would be quick. Ah, I forgot about the power of bureaucracy. My insurance company is a bureaucracy, Northwestern Hospital is a bureaucracy, and life is a bureaucracy. From what I can tell the goal of all these bureaucracies is to seem like they are trying to help you reach your goal while throwing up enough delays and roadblocks that you get distracted by the pretty flowers. So far I have not, but there are still two and a half weeks.

We'll see how good I am at keeping this blog up. I am not a natural blogger, but for at least the beginning I plan on using this as a way to keep people up to date about what is happening with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment